** Swim Team is only available for current MSC members**
The pool is scheduled to open on Friday, May 26th and Swim Team season is just around the corner! For those of you who are planning to participate, I want to get some dates on your calendar for vacation planning.
- April 4 – Member meeting, 6pm at Candalaria, Room 11. I will be there to answer any questions you might have!
- May 26 – Pool opens!!! I will have a binder at the guard table with registration forms for early sign-up.
- June 15 – Parent Meeting at the pool, 6pm. This is important– please plan to attend!! We will have open registration, clothing order forms, and information about the season and volunteer opportunities.
- June 18 – Practice begins!! We will have practice at noon and 5pm. Pick whichever works for you, but not both.
- June 21 – Jelly Bean meet, 5pm. This is an intra-squad meet where swimmers learn how a meet works and receive jelly beans instead of ribbons. We also use it to train parents on the various volunteer positions available. It takes LOTS of parents to run a meet and we have the best parent volunteers EVER!
- June 28, July 5, July 12, July 19 and July 25: Swim Meets! Meets are generally from 3pm to 7pm, but vary on the size of the teams. Please visit the Swim Team Events page for the times and locations.
- July 5 – Picture Day! Arrive at 2:30 sharp for pictures before warmups!
- July 28 – All-City Meet , 8am to 4pm.
- BBQ– TBD
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
New to Madrona? Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions on swim team by going to Swim Team>Swim Team FAQs menu or by clicking here.
Again this year, our team suit will be a solid black tank or jammers. We have stayed with this option (as opposed to a new colored team suit) based on a lot of positive feedback from parents from last year. We hope this will save families money, and make it easier to re-use and hand-down suits from child to child. Suits will be available to try on at the parent meeting, and you can buy them anywhere you can find them. Or not at all! A team suit is not required for swim team… we just want your family to be involved, in any way you can.
Please let me know if you have questions!
Madrona Swim Club
Swim Team Coordinator
GO MANTA RAYS!!!